New Mexico Taxation & Revenue Department Rolls Out New CRS E-Filing System
New Mexico Taxation and Revenue has implemented a new E-filing system for CRS starting June 16, 2014. This next generation of E-filing system called the Taxpayer Access Point (TAP) is your one-stop shop online tax center.
TAP offers several key enhanced features that allow taxpayers and tax preparers to more efficiently manage their CRS accounts. With added security features, TAP also makes available much-needed information in a timely fashion, enabling CRS taxpayers to make important business and tax decisions.
All CRS taxpayers who file electronically, whether by choice or mandate, must use TAP to file CRS-1 Forms and make payments.
The New Mexico e-Filing Services login and password used in the previous system will not work in TAP. The first step is to sign your business up for a TAP account at https://tap.state.nm.us by selecting the “Sign Up – Business” link. Step by step instructions are provided on the website. The website also provides “How-To Videos” under the Help menu option.
Benefits of TAP:
- Forecast future balances for your tax accounts
- Store your bank account information for future use
- Taxpayers will be able to setup recurring payments for delinquent liabilities and estimated payments.
- View filing history and print past returns
- Upload attachments for income tax returns
- View letters and emails sent by TRD
- Update information on your tax accounts such as name, DBA, and mailing address.
- Without logging into TAP individuals can submit payments, tax returns, check the status of their refunds, and apply for certain tax credits.
- Without logging into TAP businesses can submit payments, register a CRS account, check the status of their CRS account, view CRS location rates, and apply for certain business tax credits.
- Obtain Non-Taxable Transaction Certificates (NTTCS)
Full services to file, pay, and view are available for the following taxes:
- Combined Fuel Tax
- Combined Reporting System (CRS)
- International Fuel Tax (IFTA)
- International Registration Plan (IRP)
- Oil and Gas Proceeds
- Pass Through Withholding
- Personal Income Tax
- Weight Distance Tax and Permits
- Workers' Compensation Tax
Limited services to pay and view for the following taxes:
- Alternative Fuels Excise Tax
- Bingo and Raffle Tax
- Cigarette Tax
- Conservation Tax
- Corporate Income Tax
- E911 Services Surcharge
- Fiduciary Income Tax
- Gaming MFG and Distributor Tax
- Gaming Operator Tax
- Liquor Excise Tax
- Local Liquor Excise Tax
- Railroad Car Company Tax
- Resource Excise Tax
- Severance Tax
- Telecom Relay Service Surcharge
- Tobacco Products Tax
- Water Conservation Fee
We understand there will be some glitches when implementing any new information technology system and this program is no different. But we’re committed to helping you every step of the way while you transition to this new system. If you have any questions on this issue, please call 505-841-6352 or 866-285-2996.
New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department