Show Subnavigation

If I filed “married filing jointly” on my federal tax return, can I file “married filing separately” for New Mexico?

No, a taxpayer filing a New Mexico income tax return must use the same filing status for New Mexico and the IRS. Spouses using "married filing jointly" for the IRS must use the same status for New Mexico; those using "married filing separately" for the IRS must do likewise for New Mexico.

back to list
View Our Most Popular Pages & Services
Latest News:
Secretary Demesia Padilla

Secretary Demesia Padilla,CPA

Learn more about secretary Padilla

Online Services

Find an Online Service to Serve Your Needs

Taxation and Revenue New Mexico

1100 South St. Francis Drive
Santa Fe, NM 87504
(505) 827-0700

TRD Home          Privacy & Security          Site Policies          Accessibility/Non-Discrimination Statement          
About Us          Contact Us      Site MapLink to New Mexico Tax and Revenue Facebook Page

call us E-Mail Contact Us