Show Subnavigation

Will New Mexico accept tax-exempt certificates from another state?

Because the gross receipts tax structure differs fundamentally from a sales tax, New Mexico does not accept any tax exemption or deduction certificates issued by other states. New Mexico does, however, accept Multijurisdictional Uniform Sales and Use Tax Certificates (MTCs) and Border States Uniform Sale for Resale Certificates (BSCs).

back to list
View Our Most Popular Pages & Services
Latest News:
Secretary Demesia Padilla

Secretary Demesia Padilla,CPA

Learn more about secretary Padilla

Online Services

Find an Online Service to Serve Your Needs

Taxation and Revenue New Mexico

1100 South St. Francis Drive
Santa Fe, NM 87504
(505) 827-0700

TRD Home          Privacy & Security          Site Policies          Accessibility/Non-Discrimination Statement          
About Us          Contact Us      Site MapLink to New Mexico Tax and Revenue Facebook Page

call us E-Mail Contact Us