Show Subnavigation

If I have an Automatic Extension of Time to File with the IRS do I need to file an extension with New Mexico?

No, New Mexico honors any federal extension of time to file that you have. You do not need to request a separate state extension if you already have a federal extension. If you require additional time than what is granted at the federal level, you must file a New Mexico extension using Form RPD-41096, Extension of Time to File

back to list
View Our Most Popular Pages & Services
Latest News:
Secretary Demesia Padilla

Secretary Demesia Padilla,CPA

Learn more about secretary Padilla

Online Services

Find an Online Service to Serve Your Needs

Taxation and Revenue New Mexico

1100 South St. Francis Drive
Santa Fe, NM 87504
(505) 827-0700

TRD Home          Privacy & Security          Site Policies          Accessibility/Non-Discrimination Statement          
About Us          Contact Us      Site MapLink to New Mexico Tax and Revenue Facebook Page

call us E-Mail Contact Us