Show Subnavigation

I do not agree with the valuation notice, denial of exemption or classification of property that I received from my county assessor. What can I do?

The law, specifically, Section 7-38-24 NMSA 1978 entitles you to file a petition of protest with your county assessor within 30 days after you receive your valuation notice. If your disagreement is not resolved, you will be scheduled for a protest hearing before the County Valuation Protests Board.  The board usually decides protests within 180 days of the date that the protest was filed unless extended by a director’s order. A written order is issued within 30 days of the hearing unless extended by agreement of the board and the taxpayer.

back to list
View Our Most Popular Pages & Services
Latest News:
Secretary Demesia Padilla

Secretary Demesia Padilla,CPA

Learn more about secretary Padilla

Online Services

Find an Online Service to Serve Your Needs

Taxation and Revenue New Mexico

1100 South St. Francis Drive
Santa Fe, NM 87504
(505) 827-0700

TRD Home          Privacy & Security          Site Policies          Accessibility/Non-Discrimination Statement          
About Us          Contact Us      Site MapLink to New Mexico Tax and Revenue Facebook Page

call us E-Mail Contact Us