Show Subnavigation

Are royalties derived from intangible property subject to tax?

If an entity receives royalties for the license to use a franchise in New Mexico, the royalties are subject to gross receipts tax. If the taxpayer is:

  • A C-corporation, it is also subject to corporate income tax (CIT) and corporate franchise tax
  • An S-corporation, it is subject to corporate franchise tax, and its shareholders are subject to personal income tax (PIT) and the gross receipts tax.
back to list
View Our Most Popular Pages & Services
Latest News:
Secretary Demesia Padilla

Secretary Demesia Padilla,CPA

Learn more about secretary Padilla

Online Services

Find an Online Service to Serve Your Needs

Taxation and Revenue New Mexico

1100 South St. Francis Drive
Santa Fe, NM 87504
(505) 827-0700

TRD Home          Privacy & Security          Site Policies          Accessibility/Non-Discrimination Statement          
About Us          Contact Us      Site MapLink to New Mexico Tax and Revenue Facebook Page

call us E-Mail Contact Us