Show Subnavigation

When is an entity responsible for filing and paying franchise tax?

If the entity, a C or S Corporation, exercises its franchise in New Mexico during the tax year, it is responsible for filing and paying franchise tax. The entity must be registered with the Taxation and Revenue Department or with the Secretary of State, Corporations Bureau and have New Mexico property, payroll or sales for the tax year.

back to list
View Our Most Popular Pages & Services
Latest News:
Secretary Demesia Padilla

Secretary Demesia Padilla,CPA

Learn more about secretary Padilla

Online Services

Find an Online Service to Serve Your Needs

Taxation and Revenue New Mexico

1100 South St. Francis Drive
Santa Fe, NM 87504
(505) 827-0700

TRD Home          Privacy & Security          Site Policies          Accessibility/Non-Discrimination Statement          
About Us          Contact Us      Site MapLink to New Mexico Tax and Revenue Facebook Page

call us E-Mail Contact Us