Show Subnavigation

I have filed a protest with my county assessor. What must I do to support my case?

You may request an informal conference according to Section 7-38-24.D NMSA 1978 and,2,3 before the scheduled hearing date. At the informal conference you and the county exchange information each of you has to support value, classification or exemption. Information can be a current appraisal, purchase agreement or market analysis. If it is income-producing property, you would present your income and expense reports. Many times your concerns will be resolved during the informal conference. If not, you proceed to the Valuation Protest Hearing.

back to list
View Our Most Popular Pages & Services
Latest News:
Secretary Demesia Padilla

Secretary Demesia Padilla,CPA

Learn more about secretary Padilla

Online Services

Find an Online Service to Serve Your Needs

Taxation and Revenue New Mexico

1100 South St. Francis Drive
Santa Fe, NM 87504
(505) 827-0700

TRD Home          Privacy & Security          Site Policies          Accessibility/Non-Discrimination Statement          
About Us          Contact Us      Site MapLink to New Mexico Tax and Revenue Facebook Page

call us E-Mail Contact Us