Show Subnavigation

What must I do to change the name on the title or transfer the title on my mobile home?

When a title transfer or change of name on a title occurs, the Motor Vehicle Division issues the new title. As per Section 66-3-110 NMSA 1978, the Motor Vehicle Division issues a new title under the following guidelines:

  • The Motor Vehicle Division needs a properly endorsed certificate of title, current registration evidence, proper application for registration or transfer of registration, and the required fee.
  • The Motor Vehicle Division requires, in addition to conditions set out above, a certificate from the County Treasurer or Assessor of the county in which the manufactured home is located showing that either:
  • All property taxes due or to become due on the manufactured home for the current tax year or any past tax years have been paid
  • No liability for property taxes on the manufactured home exists for the current year or any past tax years.
back to list
View Our Most Popular Pages & Services
Latest News:
Secretary Demesia Padilla

Secretary Demesia Padilla,CPA

Learn more about secretary Padilla

Online Services

Find an Online Service to Serve Your Needs

Taxation and Revenue New Mexico

1100 South St. Francis Drive
Santa Fe, NM 87504
(505) 827-0700

TRD Home          Privacy & Security          Site Policies          Accessibility/Non-Discrimination Statement          
About Us          Contact Us      Site MapLink to New Mexico Tax and Revenue Facebook Page

call us E-Mail Contact Us