Show Subnavigation

What is an exemption?

Exemptions from gross receipts are receipts that are not taxable and do not have to be reported. If all your receipts are exempt, you do not have to register with the Taxation and Revenue Department (TRD) for gross receipts tax purposes. However, you may have to register for withholding tax or to obtain nontaxable transaction certificates.You do not have to report nontaxable receipts on the CRS-1 Form. If you have a combination of exempt, deductible and taxable receipts, you should register and report only the deductible and taxable receipts on the CRS-1 Form.

back to list
View Our Most Popular Pages & Services
Latest News:
Secretary Demesia Padilla

Secretary Demesia Padilla,CPA

Learn more about secretary Padilla

Online Services

Find an Online Service to Serve Your Needs

Taxation and Revenue New Mexico

1100 South St. Francis Drive
Santa Fe, NM 87504
(505) 827-0700

TRD Home          Privacy & Security          Site Policies          Accessibility/Non-Discrimination Statement          
About Us          Contact Us      Site MapLink to New Mexico Tax and Revenue Facebook Page

call us E-Mail Contact Us