Show Subnavigation

I own a small business which is furnished with my own personal items acquired mostly before the business was started. Must I report them to the county assessor and pay property taxes on them?

If you are not taking a deduction for depreciation on your federal income tax on these items, you do not need to report or pay property tax on them even though you use them for your profession, business or occupation.

back to list
View Our Most Popular Pages & Services
Latest News:
Secretary Demesia Padilla

Secretary Demesia Padilla,CPA

Learn more about secretary Padilla

Online Services

Find an Online Service to Serve Your Needs

Taxation and Revenue New Mexico

1100 South St. Francis Drive
Santa Fe, NM 87504
(505) 827-0700

TRD Home          Privacy & Security          Site Policies          Accessibility/Non-Discrimination Statement          
About Us          Contact Us      Site MapLink to New Mexico Tax and Revenue Facebook Page

call us E-Mail Contact Us