Show Subnavigation

Why am I being taxed on income earned in another state just because I was in New Mexico for 185 days?

You are considered a New Mexico resident if you were present for 185 days or more. Section 7-2-2(S) NMSA 1978  You are therefore taxed on all your income like any other resident, but you may be able to take credit for taxes paid to another state. Refer to the instructions on the PIT-1.
back to list
View Our Most Popular Pages & Services
Latest News:
Secretary Demesia Padilla

Secretary Demesia Padilla,CPA

Learn more about secretary Padilla

Online Services

Find an Online Service to Serve Your Needs

Taxation and Revenue New Mexico

1100 South St. Francis Drive
Santa Fe, NM 87504
(505) 827-0700

TRD Home          Privacy & Security          Site Policies          Accessibility/Non-Discrimination Statement          
About Us          Contact Us      Site MapLink to New Mexico Tax and Revenue Facebook Page

call us E-Mail Contact Us