Show Subnavigation

Please find the Tax Section that applies to you below.

Motor Vehicle Permits and Fees

New Mexico charges fees to use motor vehicles on public roadways. Most fees are charged when you title or register a vehicle. If a vehicle is not registered, you must obtain a temporary permit before transporting it on the roadways. All motor vehicle fees are collected by the Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) of the Taxation and Revenue Department. A few examples of the fees and permits are:

  • Title fees for private or commercial vehicles;  
  • Private vehicle registration fees; 
  • Commercial vehicle registration fees, and 
  • Temporary dealer permits. 

This is a small sample of the list of permits and fees. For a more complete listing, please visit the New Mexico Motor Vehicle Division web site

Contact Information

To contact the Department

back to list
View Our Most Popular Pages & Services
Latest News:
Secretary Demesia Padilla

Secretary Demesia Padilla,CPA

Learn more about secretary Padilla

Online Services

Find an Online Service to Serve Your Needs

Taxation and Revenue New Mexico

1100 South St. Francis Drive
Santa Fe, NM 87504
(505) 827-0700

TRD Home          Privacy & Security          Site Policies          Accessibility/Non-Discrimination Statement          
About Us          Contact Us      Site MapLink to New Mexico Tax and Revenue Facebook Page

call us E-Mail Contact Us